I just love this time of year. Walking into a store with all those crayons, pencils, and notebooks on display just makes me absolutely giddy. It’s a schmorgesborg of my favorite things. To celebrate what is probably my favorite time of year, I thought I’d put together a list of some of my favorites and (even better) do a little giveaway.
1. Five Star Wirebound Notebook – If you’re anything like me, any old notebook just won’t do. I like a heavier cover (check), a nice college rule (check), and the ability to color coordinate colors with my folders for each class (check). Five Star Notebooks are it and that’s it.
2. Pencils & pens – This is another area where I just can’t compromise. I’ve tried just about every mechanical pencil known to man (even some of those really expensive non-disposable drafter type ones – which are a complete pain in the pocketbook to lose) and these are inexpensive and work well. And I love how the eraser works on these. As for pens, the Precise V5 is my favorite. The ink is smooth, it’s got a very fine line (which I prefer), and I can get it in fun colors. I know some go with the Uniball, but this girl likes what she likes.
3. Heart paper clips – If you’re going to have to paper clip something, you might as well make it cute.
4. Folders – These babies are the ones I’d get every single semester – I could color coordinate them with my Five Star notebooks and I kept my handouts/assignments in order. Simple and cheap.
5. Planner – If we are going to talk about my weakness, it’s the planner. And I still believe in a paper planner, I just think it’s the way to go. I actually just purchased this one to replace the one my kids doodled all over (because I’m anal about my planner) and I really like it. Lots of space to put down the important projects as well as a monthly to do list and a weekly “notes” section.
6. Backpack – One of my high school graduation gifts from my parents was a L.L. Bean backpack. I used that thing for 5 years and it held up beautifully. It had plenty of space, organized well, and wasn’t too heavy even when it was all packed up. I couldn’t find the exact same one, but if I had to purchase a backpack for myself today, this would be the one. L.L. Bean is awesome.
What is your favorite back to school purchase? Leave a comment to be entered for a $25 Amazon gift certificate. Winner will be picked on Monday using a random number generator.
Congrats Laura!! I’ll be in touch!