yesterday’s pre-birthday lunch with friends
The sun is shining. Everybody on FB is wishing me a happy birthday. My phone is blowing up with texts telling me how loved I am and wishing me a happy day. I’m sitting outside in the sunshine while my son “scooters”, eating chips and salsa and writing this. I’m going to have dinner and cake tonight with my in-laws and do a little upcoming vacation planning. Birthdays are freaking fabulous.
Here’s what I’d like to accomplish in the next year:
1) Continue to create a home that is comfortable, efficient, and reflects our lives.
2) Knit. A lot. Make a pair of socks.
3) Finish some nagging projects – like rewiring a lamp, repairing and painting a vanity, getting frames for and hanging pictures I’ve been storing for over a year.
4) Get healthy. Heal my foot, eat life sustaining foods, exercise often. Move health markers from the borderline firmly into the healthy zones.
5) Focus my energy and time on the people and causes most important to me.