I’ve always been a checklist/goal getter/dream bigger kind of girl. This year I realized that a lot of the things I was setting out for myself to accomplish just weren’t getting done. So I decided to pare down my list to five things, join Hayley for Goals with Grace, and 1) really focus on the things I wanted to do 2) not stress myself out when things weren’t being checked off my list.
Let’s start off by looking how I did with August’s Five Goals:
Read 4 books.- I read The Ocean at the End of Lane by Neil Gaiman, This is How You Lose Her by Junot Diaz, The Brief and Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz, The Weight of Small Things by Sherri Wood Emmons and am currently reading Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
I’d recommend “This is How You Lose Her” and “The Ocean at the End of the Lane” but thought “The Weight of Small Things” was clunky and terrible. I’m enjoying “Cloud Atlas” but it’s slow going and I don’t want recommend it just yet.
2. Ride 100 miles. – This isn’t even funny. I rode three miles. THREE. I think I need to focus a little more on that come September.
3. Knit (finish) a scarf. – I’ve got about 20 inches left to do but I had to start another project. I LOVE the herringbone pattern (especially now that I’ve figured how the first stitch works) but it’s BORING. I had to mix it up by adding another Christmas present project to the mix.
4. Purge/clean/organize kitchen cabinets. – I got half of them purged, cleaned, lined and reorganized. I have about three more to take care of before I can officially check this off my list of things to do but the one’s I was worried about are done.
Prepare back to school routine/chore charts.Done.
1. Ride 100 miles. (Let’s try this again)
2. Purge linen closet.
3. Frame & hang pictures for “Grand Central” wall.
4. Establish a household/school routine.
5. Finish scarf & secret Christmas knitting project, start mitts.