Today, I am officially one year away from 40. I’m planning on making the last year of my 30’s my best year yet.
Here’s my list for 39:
- Mail a handwritten letter each month.
- Try the bullet journal method & don’t obsess about making it pretty.
- Get my health indicator numbers inline.
- Finish an entire coloring book.
- See Hamilton on Broadway.
- Take a firearm safety/shooting class.
- Try paddle boarding.
- Smoke zero cigarettes.
- Try a new food.
- Run/walk a 5K.
- Run/walk a 10K.
- Run/walk a Half Marathon.
- Take a family vacation – just the 4 of us.
- Knit myself a sweater.
- Read 30 books.
- Purge craft space – donate supplies that won’t be used.
- Finish quilt top.
- Buy a new lens for my camera.
- Have family pictures taken.
- Continue to practice unapologetic self-confidence.
- Go on a picnic.
- Take the kids camping. Even if it’s in the backyard.
- Buy a new box of high quality colored pencils.
- Learn to back up boat trailer quickly & accurately.
- Attend Mass.
- Take a break from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc. for at least one month.
- Abstain from purchasing any sock yarn.
- Embroider something.
- Create a photo album for each of the kids.
- Get a mole check.
- Quit drinking Diet Dr. Pepper.
- Establish a regular sleep/wake time.
- Buy a record player and some records.
- Cook more.
- Listen to my gut.
- Celebrate my people.
- Update master list of home projects.
- Find a project/cause that could benefit from my time & talents and donate.
- Make my bed.
Last year, I made a list of 38 things I wanted to accomplish while 38. I didn’t manage to do them all, but you can read about that here.
Happy Birthday, Kate!!!
I love your list! It is such a nice mix of big and small, practical and just for fun. I hope you have a wonderful year, and I just might steal some of these goals for myself. I love the way the list shows me why we are friends.
Thank you so much, Rita!! You steal as many goals as you like. 🙂