I know. It’s been a minute. Every year (about this time) I say I’m going to plan for how FULL May is and then each and every year I just get gobsmacked. I have a list of birthday intentions to share. I have shows and books and projects to talk about, but it’s Friday so I’m going to share my list of random internet things instead.
- This is my life right now.
- What type of friend are you?
- Based on my buffet food choices, I’m a magician.
- The pleasure of being mediocre.
- Very cool balloon animals.
- Lessons in kombucha making.
- I grew up in an area with a large migrant worker population and found this very interesting.
- What number of kids makes parents happiest?
- Food choices and their environmental impact.
- Summer vacation prepping.
- I think this book sounds beautiful.
- Just a random, interesting thing.
- When you have to laugh because it’s just so sad/true.
- Political opinion long-read.
- Can we design to tech to bring out the best in us?
- I think I’m going to adopt a noticing wall.
- The Case for Doing Nothing
- They ruined the best show ever made and yes to everything written here.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!
I’m glad to see a post from you 🙂 .
I loved the middle season article—it’s SO true, and the statement about the cuteness of teenagers vs babies made me laugh. (I read it just before I had to cajole my 14-yr-old into coming out of the house with me, and, well, yeah…)
Were you able to pick out only ONE type of friend you are? I saw bits of myself in 6 types out of 8! (I am definitely NOT a Connector or an Energizer, though.)
Oh gosh, that noticing wall idea…I love that. I wonder if my 14-year-old is too old for it…
Just curious—did you read GofT? Or just watch it? (With all the hype, I’m thinking I should try to read it again. I got about halfway through the first book a few years ago and gave up; maybe it’d be a good summertime read? I haven’t watched any of it, though, since we only have Netflix.)
Have a good weekend, Kate 🙂 !
I definitely saw myself in more than one but not quite so many as six!! What a good friend, Marian!
I did read GofT and preferred the shows – at least while George RR Martin was attached. They were much more condensed but the themes were still there. It started going downhill in season 5 and the last two seasons were simply AWFUL.
And I don’t think your 14 year old is too old! I’m 41 and I think it would be fun for ME!!