- Stay cigarette free. (Two years+ and counting!!)
- Finish Chicago embroidery project.
- Frame & hang embroidered cities.
- Knit a sweater.
- Knit the sheep pillow.
- Continue to practice unapologetic self-confidence.
- Complete the second floor update.
- Hang family picture wall.
- Celebrate my people.
- Take impeccable care of myself.
- Get a mole screen.
- And a mammogram.
- Tend the garden.
- Try canning.
- Go to Colorado.
- And Michigan.
- And NYC.
- Renew passports.
- Take the summer off Instagram and Facebook.
- Have a yard sale.
- Make a NYC picture book with V.
- Celebrate 20 years of marriage with Jesse.
- Continue to cultivate a cozy, welcoming home.
- Practice boat (and boat trailer) proficiency.
- Get Abram through boater’s safety.
- And V through driver’s ed.
- Refine the home binder & checklists.
- Write a short story.
- Unsubscribe from email lists/catalogs.
- Go on a picnic.
- Purge kitchen cabinets.
- Use the state park sticker.
- Eat at home for a month challenge.
- Make artistic messes.
- Donate my time to a cause I care about.
- Start planning the deck/patio/garden update.
- Complete a 100 day challenge.
- Take a ski lesson.
- Ride 1500 miles.
- Work on flexibility.
- Set up a game cart.
- Get a birdbath.
- Reacquaint myself with my big camera/manual.
Happy birthday, Kate! I lovelovelove this list. I love the inclusion of “impeccable” to item #10. (I’m stealing it for myself.) I would love to know more about what is in your home binder. We don’t have one, and I think we probably should. #24 reminds me of many moments of anxiety/tension in my previous marriage; sending you all the good juju I have for that one. 🙂 I’m also loving the idea of a summer off Instagram and Facebook–though I know I will miss my interactions with you. I wonder if doing that might get me to write more on my blog?
Thank you, Rita! Steal away! I stole it from a podcast were I remember nothing else (not even what it was about) but that.
I also appreciate the good juju with the boat. If I have time (and a limited audience) I am definitely capable, and Jesse is infinitely patient with that stuff (he’ll be teaching the kids to drive, for sure), I just need to keep practicing. I may never get it, but it’s one of those exercises that challenges me in a good way.
Limited audience and time were always key for me. I’m still that way with parallel parking! Good practice at a certain kind of mental discipline, for sure.
I like the idea for this list. I might use this in my life. Thank you for sharing. Happy Birthday!❤️
Thank you, Kari! Please do! And share if you feel so inclined! I’d love to read yours.
HAPPY 44th BIRTHDAY KATE!!!
This is a lovely self-portrait indeed! I noticed that many items carry again for another year making great insights of what’s important to you and what makes Kate, Kate!!
Today I will make a strawberry ice cream pecan chocolate pie to share with your birthday. Hopes for a day full of sweetness to you!!
PS congratulations on cigarette-free because that is no easy task
That strawberry ice cream pecan chocolate pie sounds AMAZING.
Thank you for the birthday wishes! It really was a very sweet day.
What surprised you the most and what didn’t surprise you at all on your sweet day?
Happy birthday, Kate!
Thank you, Marian! Hope you are well!
Ally Bean says
Happy Birthday! Your list is a delight. I’m with you on 6, 7, 13, 23, 27 [so much], 31, 33, 41, and maybe 42 [what’s a game cart?].
Thank you, Ally! A game cart is like a bar cart for non-drinking game players. 🙂